February is Science Fiction Romance Author Month here at my blog! Each day, I’ll be showcasing a different sci-fi romance author. Learn more about these great authors, their style of science fiction romance and their latest releases. Enjoy!
Describe your SFR writing with 5 words: action-packed, intense, sexy, romantic and fun
What’s your favorite:
- Sci-fi TV show – A hard question because I love so many different sci-fi shows for different reasons! I’ll have to go with Firefly, though, simply because I think Joss Whedon is one of the best creative minds and writers of our generation. Plus who wouldn’t love a space-set western where everyone speaks Chinese as a second language? (Anna here: I adore Firefly!)
- Sci-fi romance author – Easily Linnea Sinclair. The first sci-fi romance I ever read was her Finder’s Keepers, and I knew as soon as I’d finished it that I had found the one genre I really loved.
- Sci-fi hero – Captain Mal on Firefly, which is kind of cheating since I also said its my favorite show. There’s just something about a handsome, smart-talking, gun-slinging, space-ship flying hero that I can’t go past! Plus Mal found more trouble than he avoided, yet he always handled it with style!
- Spaceship – I always found the big, glitzy pyramid-like spaceships of the Goa’uld on Stargate SG1 fascinating. Plus some of the best Stargate moments happened on board those ships when the team were facing down impossible odds or Jack was delivering brilliantly timed one-liners.
- Sci-fi weapon – John Crichton’s Winnona on Farscape. Not because the gun was anything special, but because he named it and loved that damn pulse pistol so much. And the few times she failed were hilariously bad timing.
Jess’s website: www.jessanastasi.com
Describe your latest release in just one sentence:
Commander Kai Yang is rebuilding his life and rediscovering love…